Applying make up is all fun and games applying your makeup, highlighting your cheekbones to the Gods and lashing on the mascara.
But the fun promptly stops when it’s time to remove it, and with makeup that promises to last for 24 hours, it can be a pain at the end of the day when you’re trying to get rid o it.
Some makeup removers are oil based to help ease stubborn make up off your face, but for oily or combination skin types this can leave your skin feeling to heavy or overly hydrated.
On the other end of the spectrum removers with high alcohol content can be harsh and strip the skin, leaving it feeling dry and sensitive, so you’ll want to find a gentle formula that works but is kind to the skin.
Here are the best eyes makeup removers
- Nivea Double Effects Eye Make-Up Remover – The gentle, fragrance-free cleanser removes even waterproof mascara and doesn’t leave an oily residue around your eyes.
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover – Tried, tested and approved by ophthalmologists, it’s no wonder this made it to number two on our list.
The gentle formula removes the most stubborn of make up but is still kind to sensitive areas like the eyes.If it leaves you feeling a little dry after use, get a good moisturiser to use as part of your routine.
- Garnier Micellar Water Facial Cleanser – Micellar water has fast-becoming one of the most popular ways for beauty junkies to take make up off, while still leaving the face feeling soothed and hydrated.
A little amounts can help to remove dirt and residue make up from your face.
- Glossier Milky Oil – This unique blend of weightless oil and micellar water works to effortlessly banish make up, grease and dirt from your face.
The formula is so gentle you can use it on your eyes and lips, without having to scrub. It also comes in quite handy as a corrector if you make a mistake while applying your makeup.
- Aesop Remove – One of the more pricier items on the list, but not without good reason.
Aesop is known for its no nonsense approach to skin care – so you can be assured it does what it says on the unique bottle. Infused with natural ingredients like grape seed and chamomile, it leaves your skin feeling refreshed and hydrated.
- Clinique Take The Day Off Make-Up Remover – This make up remover works to dissolve and effectively remove long-wearing and stubborn make up.
The kind to the eyes formula is suitable for contact lens wearers and leaves skin with a calm and clean without irritation or harshness.
- MAC Gently Off Eye and Lip Make-Up Remover – Glide MAC’s water-oil formula across your face and lips to gently lift away your makeup for the day.
It’s ophthalmologist, dermatologist allergy tested; so whatever kind of skin you have – be assured the experts have all skin types in mind.