The Christian Association CAN) has declared three days of prayer and fasting to save Nigeria and Christians in particular from being consumed by insurgents, Islamic terrorists, bandits, kidnappers and ritualists all over the country.
The fasting with prayer according to a statement signed by CAN president, Reverend Samson Ayokunle, is from January 31-2nd of February, 2020. Every local church is emjoined to observe this and if possible churches should meet in the evening of each day of fasting to pray together.
The CAN president speaking said on Sunday 2nd, there will be prayer walk around each church’s locality pronouncing Jesus, the Prince of Peace as Lord and carrying placards saying ‘No’ to further killings and demanding that the Federal and State governments should rise up to their responsibility of securing the lives and property of the citizens.
Below is the prayer points:
Our Prayers Points:
- In Jesus Name, we make supplication, prayers, intercession, and give thanks for all the people in Nigeria and our leaders at all levels of government that we might live a peaceable life in all godliness and honesty (1 Timothy 2:1-2).
- O Lord, turn the hearts of us all to fear you by running away from sinful practices and our leaders’ hearts to fear you (Proverbs 21:1).
- O Lord, let your dominion be established in our country and your enemies lick the dust in Jesus’ name (Psalm 72:8-9).
- O Lord, have respect for your covenant of protection and safety because the dark places of Nigeria is full of habitation of cruelty (Psalm 74:20).
- O Lord, let the wicked be rooted out of our land in Jesus Name (Proverbs 2:22).
- O Lord, help us to end all manners of insecurity in Nigeria in Jesus Name and that our leaders would rise patriotically to the defense of all Nigerians.
- We bind and rebuke every red eagle of terror that is attacking the country in Jesus Name (Jeremiah 49:22).
- We bind and rebuke all terrorists, Boko Haram, ISWAP, herdsmen, bandits and kidnappers operating anywhere in Nigeria in Jesus Name.
- We bind and rebuke all spirits of hatred and murder that are manifesting through terrorism, killings, banditary and kidnappings in Nigeria in Jesus Name.
- We bind and rebuke all spirits of anti-Christ and hatred of Christianity in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- O Lord, in Jesus Name, expose all the government functionaries and security chiefs who have compromised and who are giving vital information to the terrorists, killer herdsmen and kidnappers in the country. All the suppliers of ammunition to the insurgents we pray that you our God would expose no matter how highly placed they may be.
- We proclaim total deliverance, freedom and liberty over Nigeria in Jesus Name.
- O Lord, deliver Nigeria from violent and bloodthirsty men in Jesus Name (Psalm 140:1).
- O Lord, let the assembly of the wicked and violent men be exposed and cut off by Fire if they fail to repent in Jesus’ Name (Psalm 86:14).
- We bind and rebuke all fears and panics that came through terrorism in Jesus Name.
- We bind and rebuke the terrors of death unleashed against the Church in Jesus Name (Psalm 55:4).
- O Lord, let violence and killings be no more in our borders in Jesus Name. Set the killers against themselves until they finish destroying themselves in Jesus’ name.
- We cut the acts of violence out of the hands of the wicked by Fire in Jesus Name (Isaiah 59:6). We set their camps into panic and confusion in the name of Jesus.
- Let our leaders be just, and let them rule by your fear O Lord in Jesus Name (2 Samuel 23:3).
- O Lord, let the wicked be cut down and wither as the green herb by Fire in Jesus Name (Psalm 37:2)
- O God of all comfort, comfort and console all that are mourning because of the unlawful killings and terror attacks in Nigeria.
- O Lord, let help arise for the fatherless, motherless and all those who are made naked and devastated as a homeless and are devastated as a result of attacks of the insurgents in Jesus’ name.
May the Lord answer our prayers and let our cries come to him in the name of Jesus Christ. Nigeria shall witness peace again.