A California woman who dreamed of swallowing her engagement ring says she woke up to discover it had actually happened ― leaving her in need of an emergency medical procedure to extract the sparkly morsel.
Jenna Evans of San Diego was sleepwalking at night when she said she swallowed her 2.4-carat diamond ring after dreaming that she was on a high-speed train and the only way to protect her ring from approaching “bad guys” was to swallow it.
She said she started to come to and realize what she was doing, but then, “I assumed this too was a dream, because WHO ACTUALLY SWALLOWS THEIR ENGAGEMENT RING, so I went back to sleep.”
When she woke up the next morning, Evans said she noticed her engagement ring missing from her finger and alerted her fiance, Bobby, who appeared skeptical at first.
The couple then went to an urgent care clinic where an X-ray of her stomach confirmed the lost jewel’s location. Doctors there then referred her to a gastroenterologist who advised that she have an emergency upper endoscopy performed to retrieve it, opposed to relying upon her body to naturally expel it.
As for her ring, Evans said her fiance has since given it back to her to wear and that she doesn’t expect that it will happen again.
See photos below: